THE GEORGIST NEWS
Volume Fifteen, Number One, August 14, 2012
NOTE FROM THE EDITORS
The Georgist News is now distributed directly by the Robert Schalkenbach Foundation. RSF Board and Staff members wish to thank outgoing editor Jeff Smith for his tireless dedication and whole-hearted engagement over the years!
The Georgist News is a unique and useful resource, and we’ll do our best to build on what has come before and perhaps even find new ways to serve the Georgist community. Please let us know what you think. We welcome your thoughtful observations and constructive feedback, as well as your Georgist news.
1. News: Henry George School in Chicago is moving
2. News: Annual CGO Conference
3. Good Press: Property Taxes Are A Barbarous Relic: Tax The Value of Land Instead (by Matthew Yglesias)
4. Numbers: Inequality: It’s Even Worse Than We Thought (by Michael Kinsley)
5. Letter: To make America more egalitarian, tax the value of land (from Mr Nicholas D. Rosen)
6. Likeable Link: OPINION: The single tax, a refutation of a refutation
7. What You Can Do: Sustainable Economics for the 21st Century, A Five Part Teleseminar
8. At the Margin: Quips and Quotes
9. Publication Affairs: About the Georgist News